top of page

Parent Grievance Procedure

If a parent has a grievance or complaint, please follow the process below:

Step 1 - Seek to resolve the problem/issue with the teacher directly, if applicable.

Step 2 - If problem is not resolved, speak or meet with school administration via an appointment.

Step 3 - If still unresolved, please contact board president and school parent liaison (Gar Reese)

Special Magistrate Policy For Unresolved Student Welfare Complaints

New State Board of Education Rule Regarding Special Magistrate for Unresolved Student Welfare Complaints at Charter Schools (


If a parent or guardian has a dispute or concern regarding the rights of parents protected in either                   FS 1002.20 and FS 1014.04, there is a procedure for seeking relief.


First, parents or guardians should contact the principal or parent involvement representative and allow them a chance to correct or mediate the alleged violation. 


After the complaint is filed, the principal and parent involvement representative has one week to settle this dispute. 


In addition, the parent involvement representative will notify the board about any relief requests.

After 7 days, the parent or guardian may elevate their dispute to the Charter Liaison for Sarasota County Schools. 


The district has thirty days to rectify concerns before the parent or guardian may request the special magistrate. 


The special magistrate may contact the principal with inquiries.


Jonathan Cooley



Parent Involvement Representative

Gar Reese 



Charter School Liaison

Millie Wheeler


Phone 941-485-5551 | Fax 941-485-2694
200 Field Ave E. Venice FL 34285
bottom of page